Posted on 12th May 2014 | Common Foot Problems
What Are Verrucae?
- VERRUCA ARE Known as Plantar Warts but they also appear on other parts of the foot.
- THEY ARE caused by a viral infection.
- VERRUCAE are very contagious passed from person to person.
- The virus thrives in damp moist conditions.
- THE VIRUS Can be commonly found in swimming pool and shower communal areas.
- THE VIRUS Can enter the skin through a cuT or scratch.
- The VIRUS can lie dormant in the skin for up to 18 months.
Signs And Symptoms
- THEY can appear as raised bumps on the feet with black dots WITH a cauliflower appearance.
- THEY can be found in clusters or on their own.
- THEY can be unsightly.
- VERRUCAE can be painful and uncomfortable or in some cases painless.
- A VERRUCA can feel like you are walking on a small stone.
- THIS feeling can be similar to having a corn.
Treatments For Verrucae
- SOMETIMES verrucae may disappear on their own after two years.
- FOR painful unsightly stubborn verrucae you may want to seek professional help.
- THE Foot Medic+ @The treatment Hub in Hamilton can diagnose and treat this problem.
- WE have access to a few types of treatment.
Acid Ointments & Gels
Acid Ointments and Gels
- THESE can be found over the counter, and they commonly contain a small percentage of Salacylic Acid which are most effective. but, a professional is able to provide much stronger version of the Salacylic acid ointment.
- CARE must be taken not to get any of the is ointment onto healthy skin as it will easily cause damage here.
- A professional is more adept at reducing the callous surrounding the area ,carefully applying A mask to the healthy skin and knowing where to effectively apply the ointment or gel
- THESE must not be applied to the skin of diabetics or Those with poor circulation. Medical conditions that affect the feet and Pregnant women must be cautious
- DO NOT overuse these ointments and gels
- SPIRULARIN VS is a new verrucae treatment which uses a highly concentrated and patented micro-algae extract which has been proven to provide effective protection from warts.
- This treatment is effective against WARTS / VERRUCA.
- WITH continual use it protects healthy skin from the impact of bacterial, fungi, and viral infections after treatment is COMPLETED.
- IT IS SAFE FOR DIABETICS AND CHILDREN ,IT HAS NO KNOWN CONTRA INDICATIONS OR SIDE EFFECTS.
- We are having great results with Spirularin Vs when treating children for verrucae.
- CRYOSPRAY IS SPECIALLY FORMULATED TO FREEZE THE WART
- THE spray reaches -50 degrees and is applied via a special applicator which destroys the skin an viral tissue
- THIS may be slightly painful or uncomfortable during treatment
- A blister may form
- YOUR skin over the verruca may become darker
- THE area will be dressed and a follow up visit to check it
- Follow up treatment maybe required
- YOU can still swim after treatment
THIS is not advised for diabetics or those with poor circulation or if you are sensitive or anxious.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure
- IF you are in communal dressing or shower areas often then wear flip-flops
- IF you suspect you have a verruca then visit
- If you have been diagnosed with a verruca keep it covered to prevent it spreading to others.
- If you swim, buy AND WEAR a verruca sock WHEN AT THE POOL.